Feb 3, 2008

The End of An Assignment...

I went to work for Humphreys & Associates in July 2007 and immediately went to Stratford, Connecticut. I have been working on Sikorsky Helicopter's CH-53K program, the Marine Corps' new heavy-lift helicopter. It has been a wonderful assignment -- working with some great (and very dedicated) people, learning a lot of new skills, and able to use my background and previous experience to good advantage. My boss, Paul Bolinger, is a joy to work for -- knowledgeable, reasonable, well-organized, fair, patient, and congenial. I could not have asked for a better opportunity. But, as with all good things, the time comes to move on and bid farewell.

So it was that last Wednesday, the group gathered after work to bid me farewell (or was it an excuse to drink and eat unhealthy food?). We gathered at the Bar and Grille at Oronocque, a well-known local watering hole. I was moved by the number of people who showed up to wish me well in my next venture. My sincere thanks to all who joined in...




Then Paul and Camille took me to the Beach House in Milford for a most memorable meal (here comes that food thing again...). We decided to try the Chef's Tasting Menu, a selection of delights chosen by the Executive Chef Todd Lauterio. We were not disappointed! Try these on for size:
-- To whet our appetites, a perfectly-grilled jumbo shrimp with a dollop of mango salsa served on a spoon,
-- A cup of wonderful Beach House clam and corn chowder, filled with tasty morsels of fresh clams in a super-light cream broth,
-- Handmade fettucini with grilled shrimp and shaved black truffles - Wow!,
-- Marinated hanger steak with mashed potatoes and homemade onion rings - tender, rare, marvelous,
-- Creme Brulee of the day

-- The Bar at the Beach House --

I'm still trying to recover. Thanks Paul and Camille, and to all my co-workers -- I will miss you.

No comments: