Jul 16, 2008

Igor, Fire Up the Theremin...


This week I've been working with my former leader, Paul Bolinger. We also welcomed a new worker, Barbara Minke, to our team. Last night, Paul and his lovely bride Camille, Barbara, and I all went out to dinner. On the way, we drove by 112 Ocean Avenue, the site of The Amityville Horror.

Camille had researched the location where, in November 1974, Ronald DeFeo, Jr. killed his mother, father, two sisters, and two brothers. In 1977, the book The Amityville Horror was published, describing alleged paranormal events that had beset George and Kathy Lutz and their three children. The Lutz family had purchased the house and moved in in December 1975. The book became the basis for a series of movies.

So now I feel that I really have been to Amityville...

We went to dinner at Bellissimo Ristorante Italiano, a marvelous place indeed. I had Tortellini del Nonno, a cheese filled pasta with shrimp and sundried tomatoes in alfredo sauce. Very dietetic!

No comments: