Jan 18, 2011

A Picture from the Distant Past...

My sister Ann was 1 year and 2 days older than me.  She and I were often mistaken for twins when we were little.  We both attended Mont Pleasant High School in Schenectady, where we both took three years of Latin (wasn't it a prerequisite of a college prep curriculum back then??).  And of course, if you were enrolled in Latin, you were almost automatically in Miss Brakebill's Latin Club.  Once a year, the Latin Club came to school dressed in Roman attire.  My sister tragically passed away in 1965. 

Recently, while surfing the Web, I ran across a site that had been created by Annie's high school class for their 50th reunion.  I was looking through some pictures on their Web site to see if I'd recognize anyone, when I ran across this image of the "MPHS Latin Club" contributed by Mary Corrado.  My sister is the person on the right side of the picture in the front row with the trim on the edges of her toga.

I still miss her.  She was a great gal.

No comments: