Sep 14, 2013

The Power of Color...


The necktie shown above was a gift from my grandchildren.  (Remember, when I married Mary Ann, I became an instant Grandfather!)  Not long after I received the tie, Mary Ann found the socks.  On Thursday, I just happened to wear them together.  I stopped at Costco on my way home to pick up a few items.  As I was checking out, the cashier looked at me and said, "Man, I gotta have that tie!  That is so cool.  Will you sell it?"  I explained that I couldn't possibly sell it - that it had been a gift from my grandchildren.  Then I lifted up my foot and pulled up my trouser leg.  "I've got matching socks," I announced.  He looked, as did the other people in line.  "Oh, ma-a-a-a-n, I gotta get those.  Where do your grandchildren live?  They sure didn't buy them in Huntsville!" he said.  I explained that the Glade family lives in Iowa.

There's a man who works at Costco who now believes that Iowa is a fashion center.  That's the power of color!

1 comment:

Deb Tjelta said...

Mr. Mead, I am laughing so hard at this post. Iowa...really? I have sent it to many of my peeps in Iowa for them to get a good laugh too!