Jun 14, 2009

Hot Rod Reunion...

This coming weekend, which just happens to include Father's Day, I'll be going on an excursion with my friend Monty Love and his son Patrick. We'll be heading up to Bowling Green, Kentucky, for the 7th annual Holley Hot Rod Reunion.

This event is held at the Beech Bend Raceway near Bowling Green. Darrell Gwynn, one of the NHRA's all-time Top 50 drivers, has been selected as the event's Grand Marshal. Honorees for the event include Jerry Baltes, Amy Faulk, Chuck Nelson, Bob Creitz, and Vance Hunt. The Justice Brothers Reunion Spotlight falls on the team of Stone, Woods & Cook and their 1941 Willys gasser, voted Favorite Race Car Ever.

Several thousand cars and fans are expected. I heard about this event from my friend Richard Wright, engine rebuilder par excellence. Richard and his son Daniel have attended for several years and say it's an event not to be missed. I'm sure you'll see more right here after we return!

No comments: