Jan 26, 2019

A New Breakfast Experience...


A few weeks ago, Mary Ann suggested that we try Taco Bell one evening for dinner.  There's a fairly new Taco Bell location not far from the house.  I don't think either one of us had patronized a Taco Bell in many, many years.  It sounded like an interesting adventure.  The results were surprisingly favorable -- we both enjoyed our respective meals.  We have returned for take-out several times since.

This morning, I snuck out early with Bella to go to the barber shop.  After I got my haircut (There's so much less to cut than there used to be...), I decided I'd see what a Taco Bell breakfast might be like.  I was very pleasantly surprised once more.  I ordered the sausage, egg and cheese breakfast quesadilla combination.  At $2.79, this has to be one of the better breakfast bargains available.

The quesadilla, made with a large flour tortilla, had a generous portion of scrambled eggs, sausage nuggets and grated cheese.  The flavor and consistency were excellent.  A hash brown patty was wider, longer, and thinner than my standard McDonald's fare.  It was somewhat dry and greasy and didn't compare well with the Mickey D's standard.  The coffee was exceptional, with a fresh, robust, slightly nutty flavor -- a terrific eye opener.

All in all, I would highly recommend the Bell as a breakfast alternative.  Especially if you're experiencing a cholesterol deficiency...

No comments: